Vanilla Pears Ice Cream
Member recipe by voice1
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Batch
Made using whole baby pears which have been preserved in a delicate syrup with a vanilla pod.
- For the ginger Ice Cream
- 3 Large Eggs
- 45 grams Caster Sugar
- 450 ml Double Cream
- 6 pieces of Stem Ginger - finely cut
- 5 tablespoons Ginger Syrup
- Opies Whole Baby Pears with Vanilla drained
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl whip the cream until soft peaks form
- Fold the whipped cream into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Add the chopped ginger and ginger syrup and gently combine.
- Pour into a suitable freezer container and freeze for 24 hours.Gently stir the ice cream after approx 2 hours to ensure even distribution of the ginger pieces. Repeat this process after a further 1 hour freezing time
- When the ice cream is ready remove from the freezer and allow to soften slightly.
- To serve drizzle chocolate sauce in a zig zag over the serving plate.
- Slice the pears thinly and gently arrange in a fan shape on the plate
- Place two quenelles of ice cream next to the fanned pears and then lightly dust with icing sugar. Decorate with a few pieces of chopped ginger
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…