Easy Chicken Casserole
Member recipe by paulkiely
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 500g chicken thighs skinned and boned
- plain flour seasoned for dusting
- 150g small onions such as shallots
- 1 celery stick very finely chopped
- 1 carrot very finely chopped
- 300g button mushrooms halved
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- grated nutmeg
- 3 egg yolks beaten with 20ml milk
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Heat 6 tbsp of oil in a large pan. Dip the chicken into the flour and fry until golden on both sides about 10 mins. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add remaining oil and fry onions, celery and carrot for 5 mins. add mushrooms and cook for a couple of mins more.
- Pour in the stock and wine bring to a good bubble, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 mins. return the chicken to the pan, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Just before serving take pan OFF the heat and whisk in egg mixture to thicken sauce. Return to heat briefly, whisking continuously. Taste and season again if required, sprinkle with parsley and serve with rice, pasta or potatoes.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…