Philly cheese steak wellington
Member recipe by mrmanslaughter
I combined two classics. America's Philly cheese steak, and Britain's Beef wellington.
- 700g steak (I use sirloin) sliced wafer thin
- 12 slices of Prosciutto
- 170g Ardennes pate
- 300g cheddar cheese
- 2x 375g ready rolled puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Remove fat and slice the steaks into strips as thin as possible
- season well with salt and pepper and pan fry or grill for 2-3 minutes siring the meat constantly until all slightly browned.
- lay out the Prosciutto overlapping to make a large square, cover with the pate, then add the cooked steak to the middle of the Prosciutto square in a rectangle shape, leaving enough space around the edges to fold over the steak and make a parcel.
- Roll out one puff pasty sheep and place the package in the middle, cover with cheddar cheese, then lay the second sheet over the top, tuck it in tightly, then cut the excess pasty away leaving a 2 inch border, crimp the border with the back of a teaspoon until crimped all the way around.
- Lightly beat the egg, then brush the pastry with the egg wash.
- bake in the oven for 25 minutes on 200c or 180c for fan assisted ovens.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…