Spicy Squash and Tofu Salad
Member recipe by luciarotheray
- 1 (small) butternut squash
- 1 red onion
- 100g firm tofu
- 10 cherry (or baby plum) tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- dried chilli flakes (to taste)
- salad leaves (eg. rocket, spinach, lamb's lettuce, watercress)
- sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 200C/gas 6. Dice the squash and tofu (about 2cm cubes), halve the tomatoes, peel and roughly chop the onion.
- Place all of the above in a roasting tray and drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle tofu with chilli flakes. Roast for about 20 minutes (until squash is tender).
- Wash and mix leaves, place a generous portion on each plate.
- Place roasted vegetables and tofu on the leaves, sprinkle with seeds.
- Add salad dressing if desired (something simple like olive oil and balsamic is best).
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…