Lamb in Pita
Member recipe by ellarina
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Portions
Delicious pieces of lamb stuffed in pita bread pockets. Serves with any kind of fruity chutney (I recommend plum!) and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, (2 of them pressed, 1 chopped finely and kept separate from the other 2)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 1/4 pounds boneless lamb sirloin, trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 6-inch-diameter pita breads
- Put a strainer over a large bowl and line it with 2 layers of cheesecloth (don't let the strainer touch the bottom of the bowl). Spoon yogurt into strainer and let stand for 1 hour.
- Mix yogurt, the 2 pressed cloves of garlic and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Put the lamb pieces into a skillet or pan on medium to high heat on stove top, add coriander cumin and chopped garlic.
- Keep on heat until lamb is fully cooked, stirring often. Dispense onto serving dish.
- Cut open pita pockets, spoon the lamb into each pita. Add the yogurt and/or chutney and enjoy!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…