Member recipe by Mairebc
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Biscuits
- 1) 135g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, at room tablespoons butter.
- 2) Half a cup icing sugar( American cups)
- 3) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4) 3 quarters of a cup plus 2 tablespoons gluten free flour
- 5) Half a cup fine yellow polenta or coarse yellow cornmeal
- 6) 2 tablespoons coarse sugar, such as demerara sugar
- May need to add a drop of water to bind.
- 1. In an electric mixer , beat the butter with icing sugar and vanllla at low speed until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal .
- Blend the dry ingredients into the butter mix. It may require a drop of water to bind
- Roll out between sheets of cling film, using a pastry cutter make the biscuits.sprinkle them with Demerara sugar and place on baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven 180, gas mark for until they are golden brown
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…