chocolate orange cupcakes
Member recipe by katiepebbles1
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
these are so nice. This recipe is perfect for the whole family. When I first made them my cake shop was so popular!
- For the cupcakes:
- 40g coco
- 175 self raising flour
- 175g butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 175g caster sugar
- For the icing:
- 50g melted butter
- 45g coco
- 75ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 450g icing sugar
- For the decoration:
- 2 large terry's chocolate orange balls or 5 bars of terry's chocolate orange
- 1 crushed bar of terry's chocolate orange
- to make the cakes, Pre-heat oven to 180c and line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs.
- Sift the flour and the coco powder in.
- Divide the mix into the cupcake cases.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes and then leave to cool for 5 minutes and don't take them out of the tray.
- For the icing, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. If the icing is very liquid, put in some more icing sugar.
- spread the icing on the cupcakes, put 2 slices of chocolate orange on each cake and sprinkle with the crushed orange bar.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…