- 400g pasta shapes
- 400g frozen pea, defrosted
- ½ bunch mint, leaves picked
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- 50g grated Parmesan or pecorino, plus extra to serve (optional)
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
- 100g half-fat crème fraîche
- 175g thinly sliced smoked ham, shredded
Cook the pasta following pack instructions, adding 200g of the peas for the final 1 min of cooking. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water.
Meanwhile, blitz the rest of the peas, mint, half the Parmesan and the crème fraîche until smooth, then season. When the pasta is cooked, tip back into the pan on the heat and spoon in the pea cream, ham and the remaining Parmesan. Stir to coat the pasta evenly, adding the reserved water if it is too thick. Serve immediately, with extra Parmesan, if you like.