Creamy potato and leek soup
Member recipe by mentalmeggy
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1.2 ltr vegetable stock
- 150ml double cream
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in soup pan. Add leeks, potato and onion. Fry for 3/4 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to the boil. When vegetables are tender add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove soup from the hob and, using a liquidiser or blender, liquidise the soup until it is smooth.
- Return the pan to the heat. Stir in the cream and heat through.
- Serve piping hot with bread and butter.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…