Member recipe by poppyfelicia
A simple, healthy and comforting soup, perfect for a cold winters night!
- 1 stock cube
- Half a medium size cabbage, roughly chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 Brussels sprouts, peeled and chopped
- 2 handfuls frozen peas
- 3 cubes frozen spinach
- 2tsp ground pepper
- 1tsp thyme
- 1tsp mixed spices
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed to 1inch pieces
- Half pack of ham
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the stock cube and stir.
- Throw in all of the vegetables and flavorings and leave on a medium simmer for around 30 minutes or until they are all soft.
- Using a handheld food processor, blend the soup until its smooth. (If you find your soup is thin, add 1tbsp cornflour to a little water and mix well before pouring into the pan)
- Add the potatoes and ham and leave till the potatoes are soft but not mushy.
- Serve with a handful of cheese and a few slices of crusty bread.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…