Lemon & Lime Cupcakes
Member recipe by ur5ula10
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
A scrumptious treat for all, and also great to make with the kids!
- for cake
- 125 g caster sugar
- 125 g softened butter
- 125 g self-raising flour sifted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/2 of a lime
- 200 g icing sugar sifted
- 135 g softened butter
- a couple of teaspoons of water (so it is at a spreadable consistency.)
- 1 tsp of yellow food colouring
- 1 tsp of green food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C/fan), gas 4.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Use an electric whisk or a fork to blend the eggs .Then add the eggs bit by bit to the mix before adding the sifted flour.
- Give it all a good mix.Then fill the cupcake cases to about halfway and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Then when they are out of the oven, stick a knife through the cake and when you take it out if it is clean then your cakes are ready.
- While you are waiting for them to cool get started on your icing.
- Mix the icing sugar and butter together gently. Once they have been blended add a teaspoon or two of water to the right consistency. Separate the mix into 2 different bowls, one for lemon and one for lime. Now add juice and colour to each bowl to taste.
- Now you are ready to ice your cakes!
- You may ice you cakes anyway you like, you can pipe it, or even spread it with a knife.
- Then enjoy hope you like it !
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…