Authentic Red Wine Sauce
Member recipe by neogofficial
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Scoops
This is a delicious, simple red wine sauce to accompany various styles of dishes. Recommended for grilled Pork and Beef.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2cm Cube Butter
- A - Grated 1/4 Onion
- A - Grated 3 Cloves Garlic
- A - Grated 2cm of Carrot Tip
- B - 1/2 Cup Red Wine
- B - 1 Beef Bouillon Cube (Knorr)
- B - 5 Pieces of Porcini Mushrooms
- B - 5 Thin Slices of Onion
- C - 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- C - 1 1/2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- C - 3 Tbsp Worcester Sauce
- D - 1/2 Cup Diced Tomato Sauce
- D - 1/2 Cup Water
- D - 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- D - 2 Tsp Oregano (Optional)
- Heat Olive Oil and Butter.
- After the butter is melted, Cook *A* on medium-low heat for 3 minutes.
- After *A* is aromatic, add *B* on low heat and simmer for 2~3 minutes. Sauce will slightly reduce.
- Then add *C* and let simmer for 3~5 minutes until reduced slightly again.
- Add *D* and let simmer for few more minutes until reduced and thickened.
- When the sauce is thick and rich but NOT dry, turn off the heat and serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…