Authentic Red Wine Sauce
Member recipe by neogofficial
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Scoops
This is a delicious, simple red wine sauce to accompany various styles of dishes. Recommended for grilled Pork and Beef.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2cm Cube Butter
- A - Grated 1/4 Onion
- A - Grated 3 Cloves Garlic
- A - Grated 2cm of Carrot Tip
- B - 1/2 Cup Red Wine
- B - 1 Beef Bouillon Cube (Knorr)
- B - 5 Pieces of Porcini Mushrooms
- B - 5 Thin Slices of Onion
- C - 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- C - 1 1/2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- C - 3 Tbsp Worcester Sauce
- D - 1/2 Cup Diced Tomato Sauce
- D - 1/2 Cup Water
- D - 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- D - 2 Tsp Oregano (Optional)
- Heat Olive Oil and Butter.
- After the butter is melted, Cook *A* on medium-low heat for 3 minutes.
- After *A* is aromatic, add *B* on low heat and simmer for 2~3 minutes. Sauce will slightly reduce.
- Then add *C* and let simmer for 3~5 minutes until reduced slightly again.
- Add *D* and let simmer for few more minutes until reduced and thickened.
- When the sauce is thick and rich but NOT dry, turn off the heat and serve.