Member recipe by lacucinaimperfetta
- 7 ounces dry spaghetti pasta
- 5 ounces bacon, cut into small pieces
- 5 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- black pepper
- Boil water for the pasta. Put the bacon in a pan without oil and cook over medium-low heat slowly until the fat will become transparent. Then increase the heat and let it skip a few minutes to make it crispy.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, egg yolk and add half the Parmesan and plenty of black pepper chopped at the time.
- When everything is ready place to cook spaghetti, salt water and when they are ready (al dente) drain (save a bit 'of water) and pour immediately into the bowl with the eggs, stirring quickly.
- United finally the bacon (very hot) and the oil that it will be pulled out and stir again. If you need to add a little 'cooking water.
- Serve immediately spaghetti carbonara completing the courses with more pepper and Parmesan cheese was ... wonderful!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…