Pork with Cranberry & Apple
Member recipe by bottlegreen
A perfect winter recipe, special enough for entertaining but easy to make and serve. The apple and thyme flavours work so well with the tender pork.
- 1 pork tenderloin, approx 450g
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small apple
- 50g cranberries
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 25g butter
- 6 tbsps bottlegreen Apple and Thyme Cordial
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 6 slices streaky bacon
- Pre-heat the oven to 190c, gas mark 5. Place the pork on a chopping board and cut the length of the tenderloin almost through, open it out, cover with greaseproof paper and flatten as much as possible with a rolling pin.
- Peel and finely dice the onion, crush the garlic and peel and cube the apple. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onion, garlic and apple, cook gently until softened, add the cranberries and 2 tbsps of the cordial, cook for a minute. Stir in the breadcrumbs and chopped thyme.
- Spoon evenly along the tenderloin, press the tenderloin together around the stuffing, wrap the bacon around then secure with string at regular intervals.
- Place in a baking tray, pour over the remaining cordial. Cook in the oven for approx 1 hour, basting at regular intervals. Remove from the tin and allow to rest.
- Serve cut into slices with new potatoes and vegetables.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…