Member recipe by jtw1345
- 75g soft margarine
- 200g self-raising flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 4-5 tbsp milk
- Turn oven on 160oc and grease a medium size tin.
- Put the margarine , sugar and syrup into a pan and put on low heat untill dissolved -do not boil
- Sieve the flour ,bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger into a mixing bowl.make a well in the centre.
- Mix the egg with about half of the milk and add this into the pan.
- Pour the pan mixture into the bowl and mix thoroughly to a smooth,thick batter.adding the rest of the milk if necessary.
- Cook for 45 minutes until firm.Enjoy.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…