Member recipe by zelbbub
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Portions
- 400g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 300ml warm water
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. In a measuring jug mix the (luke) warm water and oil together and add to the flour.
- Stir together until all ingredients are well combined and form a dough.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for 2-3 minutes. Divide the dough into 8 balls and roll each one out individualy. Aim for each tortilla to be a similar size to a dinner plate, the dough will shrink back abit when it is resting.
- In a large frying pan warm a teaspoon of oil and cook each tortilla for 1 minute each side on a medium heat. Each side should just start to brown on any raised areas.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…