Vanilla and Raisins scones!
Member recipe by emmafitz1996
- 250g self raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 55g Butter
- 25g caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 60g raisins
- Plain flour to dust work surface
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 fan and line a tray with baking paper. Add the flour, salt and butter into a bowl and rub until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the sugar and raisins. Pour in almost all the milk and all the almond extract until you have a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and cut into 12 using a cookie cutter.
- Put the scones on the tray and glaze with left over milk and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with a cup of tea!
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…