Chicken With Chilli & Lime
Member recipe by gareth_iom
- Butterflied Chicken breast x2
- Lime zest and juice x1
- Coriander 1/2 tsp
- Cumin 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon 1/4 tsp
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Basmati rice enough for 2 people
- Chicken stock enough according to rice packet
- Onion 1/2 diced
- Garlic 2 cloves sliced
- Kale 2 handfuls roughly chopped
- Chilli 2 de-seeded and sliced
- Lemon juice x1
- Add the coriander to pestle and mortar and crush then add the rest of the spices and mix thoroughly. Rub the chicken with oil and rub in the spice mixture. Then rub the lime zest on top. Leave to one side.
- Add a little oil to a medium saucepan. Fry the onion and half the sliced garlic for a few minutes then add the chicken stock. Add the rice and cook per packet instructions. Add the kale about 5 minutes before the rice is cooked.
- Meanwhile heat a griddle pan and cook the chicken turning once. While cooking heat a little oil in a small saucepan and fry the rest of the garlic and all the chilli. After a few minutes add all the lime and lemon juice and cook on a high heat until thickened slightly then remove from the heat.
- Pile half the rice on each plate and place a chicken breast on each pile. Finish with half the chilli lime dressing on top and serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…