Member recipe by rosiecammish
These Middle Eastern inspired breads are the perfect accompaniment to any curry or tagine, and better yet you don't have to wait for them to prove.
- 170g Plain Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- A Pinch of Salt
- 125ml Water
- 1 Tablespoon Nigella Seeds
- Place flour, nigella seeds, salt and pepper in a bowl, mix together.
- Add in the oil and water, and mix until you have a soft dough. Leave this dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls; roll each of these into a thin disc approximately the size of a dinner plate.
- Heat a dry, heavy based, frying pan. Add in the flatbreads, 1 at a time, and cook for 1 minute on each side, until they are blistered and lightly browned
- Serve alongside you favourite curry or tagine. Any leftover flatbreads can be filled up with salad, and rolled up for a great alternative to your dinnertime sandwich
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…