Member recipe by maryloup
- 1 pack of ready made gnocchi 500g
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 balls of buffalo mozzarella
- For the sauce
- 350g passatta (sieved tomatoes)
- 1 diced medium red onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 4 sliced medium sized mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Pre heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and add the onion and garlic, sautee for 5 mins, add the mushrooms and cook until soft
- Add the passatta to the pan with the mixed herbs, season to taste, simmer for a further 5 minutes
- While the sauce is simmering, add the gnocchi to a saucepan of boiling salted water and cook until the gnocchi rises to the surface. Once cooked, drain and add to the pan, stirring to coat the gnocchi in the sauce
- Pour the contents of the saucepan into 2 Individual portion Ovenproof dishes, or to 1 medium ovenproof dish
- Slice the mozzarella balls into slices and layer the slices on top of the gnocchi, drizzle with olive oil and season with a little black pepper. Bake on the middle oven shelf for 20 minutes. Serve with a side salad or enjoy by itself.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…