Member recipe by biblio
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- 2 x 400g tins cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp mascarpone
- Handful of basil
- 6 chicken breasts skin on
- Heat oven to fan 170/gas mark 5
- Fry onions, garlic in 3 tbsp oil until softened. Add tomatoes, season, then simmer for 10-15 mins until thick and glossy.
- Take off heat and stir in the mascarpone and half the basil.
- Heat a little oil in the pan and fry the chicken both sides until golden. Transfer to a baking dish and pour over the sauce. Cook for 30 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Scatter over the rest of the basil.
- Serve with a short pasta, like fusilli , or a big bowl potatoes roasted with olive oil and rosemary.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…