- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 250g raw large peeled prawn
There are thousands of different species of prawn, but tiger, king and North Atlantic are the…
- 300g cooked brown rice (about 140g uncooked rice)
- 75g frozen pea
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
A seasoning often used in Vietnamese and Thai cooking. In Vietnam it is usually made from shrimp…
- small bunch coriander, roughly chopped, plus a few leaves to serve
- 4 large egg
- chilli sauce, to serve (optional- we used sriracha)
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok, add the onion, garlic and chilli, and cook for 2-3 mins until golden. Add the prawns and cook for 1 min. Tip in the rice and peas, and keep tossing until very hot. Add the soy and fish sauce, then stir through the chopped coriander. Keep warm while you fry the eggs.
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the eggs with some seasoning. Divide the fried rice mix between 4 bowls and top each with a fried egg. Serve scattered with coriander, with chilli sauce, if you like.