Mars Bar Flapjack slices
Member recipe by butlins12
ServingsServes 1 - 32 Squares
Easy tray-baked flapjacks, based on a recipe originally from an old Sainsburys Magazine
- For the base
- 25g plain flour
- 110g porridge oats
- 150g light brown soft sugar
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g butter, softened and cubed
- 1 medium egg
- For the topping
- 225g milk chocolate
- 4 Mars bars, chopped
- 150ml double cream
- Mix flour, oats, sugar and bicarbonate of soda in a food processor until it looks like a crumble mix, but not too fine.
- Add butter and egg to dry mixed ingredients and mix until completely incorporated.
- Put 3/4 of the flapjack mix in a 22x33cm baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a bain marie, or a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the flapjack mix and refrigerate until set and hard
- Warm the cream with the chopped Mars bars until melted. Whisk until creamy. Pour over the flapjack and hardened chocolate.
- Crumble the remainder of the flapjack mix over the top evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes at Gas Mark 4/180°C or until golden brown.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to cool, and cut into 32 squares.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…