Mussels in garlic butter sauce
Member recipe by afronia1
A great recipe for a light mid week meal. Very tasty, healthy and quick to make.
- 2kg Mussels
- 100g butter
- 6 cloves garlic-chopped
- 2 Shallots - finely chopped
- 200ml dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper -to taste
- Scrub the mussels thorougly under cold running water. Discard any that have broken or open shells.
- Melt 40g of the butter in a very large pan over low heat. Add 2tsp of the chopped garlic and all the shallots and cook for 2mins.
- Add the mussels, wine, salt and black pepper. Cover and bring to the boil, shaking occasionally. Cook for around 3 mins or until the mussels open.
- Place the mussels into individual dishes, discarding any mussels that won't open.
- Mix together the remaining butter, garlic and chopped parsley.
- Stir the mixture into the remaining cooking juices and heat through, pour over the mussels and eat immediatley.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…