Lemon & Ginger Stir Fry
Member recipe by Opies
Fried chicken strips with stir fry vegetables and Opies Stem Ginger.
- 2 knobs of Opie's stem ginger (thinly sliced)
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) ginger syrup (from jar)
- 500g (1 lb) boneless chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 50g (2 oz) each of red pepper, green pepper and carrot (cut into strips)
- 50g (2 oz) mushrooms (sliced)
- 50g (2oz) baby sweetcorn (chopped)
- 50g (2oz) mangetout
- 1 bottle or sachet of oriental lemon sauce
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) sunflower oil
- Heat the oil in a wok or large pan. Add the strips of chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and keep hot.
- Add the red and green peppers, carrots, mushrooms, sweetcorn, mangetout and sliced stem ginger to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender, but not soft.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the vegetables, add lemon sauce, ginger syrup and cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is hot. Serve immediately.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…