English Longhorn Steak Tatare
Member recipe by hoopington_pallaby
- Fillet steak approx 300g
- I egg yolk
- 2 tea spoons capers
- 5 cornichons
- Half a red onion
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tea spoon paprika
- handful of parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Just a little note about this recipe, as the meat is going to be served raw, it'Âs really important that you get the freshest and best quality meat that you can, same with the egg. In this recipe I used a new laid Bantam egg and English Longhorn Fillet from Spinney Abbey, which was like velvet.
- Chop the steak as finely as you can, but don't mince it, otherwise you lose the texture.
- Finely chop the rest of the ingredients (except the lemon!).
- Mix with the steak. Season and add a squeeze of lemon juice to taste.
- Pile into a mound on a plate and make a little depression in the for the egg yolk.
- Serve with croutons or toast.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…