Blueberry Buckle Cake
Member recipe by carolz
- Streusel Topping:
- 45 grams plain flour
- 65 grams granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 55 grams cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Cake Batter:
- 130 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 55 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 grams granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 80 ml milk
- 150g pack fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Butter or spray with a non-stick vegetable spray an 8inch (20cm) baking cake tin or square baking pan
- Streusel Topping- In large bowel mix the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add butter and with finger tips rub till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Cake Batter- In a separate bowel combine the flour and baking soda. In another bowel beat (you can use eletric whisk if you like)butter till smooth, add sugar and beat till light and fluffy. Ad the egg and vanilla til well combined. Add the flour in 3 additions alternatley with the milk (in 2 additions) beat only until combined.
- Spread cake batter into the cake tin. Evenly distribute the blueberries on top of the cake batter. Then sprinkle the streusel topping on top of the blueberries.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the centre of the cake and the cake starts to pull away from the sides of the pan. Remove and put on a wire rack to cool slightly.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…