Member recipe by squeezeoflemon
ServingsServes 1 - 20
- Packet of 20 gyoza skins - defrosted
- Small bowl of tepid water
- For the filling
- 1 x tin canned water chestnuts, drained
- 50g white cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 small carrot, roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 celery stick, roughly chopped
- 25g cornflour
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of white pepper
- For the dipping sauce
- 3tbsp dark soy
- 1tbsp rice wine vinegar
- chopped fresh red chilli
- Add all the filling ingredients to a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Spoon around 2 tsp of the mixture into the centre of a flat gyoza skin (donÂt over fill), then brush Â½ of the circular pastry with water. Fold over the other half and seal into a semi-circle shape.
- In a wide flat pan place 4-5 parcels at a time in some vegetable oil and fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat for 1 minute and carefully, add a couple of tablespoons of water to the pan (mind you donÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt set it on fire). Put the pan back on the heat and cover with a lid. Steam the gyoza for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add all the dipping sauce ingredients to a small dipping bowl and stir
- Put the gyozas onto a serving plate, dip and enjoy.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…