Coffee Walnut Ice Cream
Member recipe by munatycooking
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons brewed black coffee
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- In a bowl beat the yolks with sugar until creamy and lighter in color. In a saucepan, add the cream and milk. When it simmers, remove from heat.
- While whisking the eggs, gradually add the cream and milk mixture. To get a smoother, silkier texture, strain the mixture through a sieve and pour it back in the saucepan.
- Keep stirring the custard on medium heat until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Draw a line at the back of the spoon and if both ends don'ÂÂt meet, the custard is ready. Remove from heat immediately and pour in different bowl.
- Add coffee and vanilla, and stir.
- Prepare a chilled water bath with cubes of ice. Place the bowl on top and keep stirring the custard until it cools.
- Cover the custard with plastic allowing the plastic to touch the custard'ÂÂs surface. Refrigerate the custard overnight or 6 hours. This will thicken the custard and blend the flavors well.
- Transfer the custard to the chilled container of the ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturerÃ¢ÂÂs instructions.
- When done, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in the freezer.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…