Golden Syrup Biscuits
Member recipe by HollyKirby777
ServingsServes 1 - 25 Biscuits
Sweet and crunchy, these biscuits are a perfect sweet-tooth snack!
- 1 oz of butter
- 6 oz of self raising flour
- 2 oz or more of plain flour (if you need more to roll out)
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 to 3 table spoons of golden syrup (heaped)
- Turn your oven up to 150ÃÂ°C (gas mark 2) and grease a baking tray ready to put the biscuits on. Place to one side.
- Place the butter and syrup into a saucepan and heat into a liquid then leave to cool in a safe place.
- Once reasonably cool, pour into a glass bowl and add the raising flour, vanilla essence and baking soda.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour to become thicker then take out. Once taken out, sprinkle some plain flour over a flat surface.
- Check that the mixture is thick enough to roll, if not, add some plain flour.
- Take the mixture out and roll around and knead slightly with fists to stop it sticking, then roll out to about 3 to 5 mm thick and cut into biscuit shapes.
- Place the biscuits on the greased tin and bake for about twenty minutes. Take out at the twenty minute mark and check its cooking well, then cook for another ten minutes , supervising the cooking.
- Once golden brown, take the biscuits out and cool in the tray until cool enough to place onto a cooling rack until cold, then eat or store in a sealed box. Yum!!!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…