Hot Spiced Cider
Member recipe by 619morgan333
Presentation matters! Served in scooped-out apple mugs, this warm, soothing cider will become an instant family favorite. And at just 123 calories, it's just as guilt-free as it is tasty.
- 8 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 stick cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- Small apple slices
- In a saucepan combine cider and brown sugar.
- For spice bag, tie cinnamon, allspice, and cloves in double layer of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth.
- Add the spice bag to the cider mixture.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the spice bag; discard.
- Serve cider in mugs with small apple slices, if desired.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…