Coconut and Maple Flapjacks
Member recipe by maggiebleksley
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Squares
Creamed coconut can usually be found in the oriental section of large supermarkets. This and the yogurt give the flapjacks a softer and moister texture than the more traditional variations.
- 100 grams butter
- 50 grams demerara sugar
- 50 grams maple syrup
- 200 grams rolled oats
- 50 grams chopped dried apricots, (optional)
- 4 tablespoons lowfat yogurt
- 1 envelope creamed coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 4.
- Melt the butter and creamed coconut in a saucepan, remove from the heat & then add in the remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Spread the mixture into a 18cm shallow square tin. Press down with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Place in the oven & cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown in colour.
- Remove from the oven, mark into 8 fingers or 16 squares & leave to cool in the tin before removing.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…