Apple and Coconut Mini Cakes
Member recipe by whilehewasout
This cake is really easy and delicious. Based on an old recipe of my grandmother, complemented with apple, coconut and topped with dark chocolate glaze.
- For the cakes:
- 150 g flour
- 1/2 package of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 25g butter
- 75g sugar
- 75ml milk
- 1 big apple
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- For the ganache:
- 50g 75% dark chocolate
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1tbsp butter
- shredded coconut
- Yields 2 mini cakes - feel free to adjust the amount of ingredients for a bigger cake or even a tray of muffins.
- Beat the butter, egg and sugar. Add the milk, and add the flour that you have previously mixed with the baking powder. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- With the help of a spoon, mix in the coconut and the shredded apple.
- Pour the batter into the greased shapes and bake on 180 C (360 F) until golden.
- For the ganache: break the chocolate in little pieces, add the milk and melt it in the microwave. Mix it until smooth (if it is too dense, add a little more milk), add a tbsp of butter and mix it well. Pour the ganache on top of the cakes, spread it out with the help of a spoon. Finally, sprinkle with coconut flakes and serve!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…