Stuffed chicken breast
Member recipe by paulsuttling
- 2 Plump chicken breasts
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- 2 tbsp of parmesan
- Half a cup of diced chorizo
- 2 tbsp of chopped basil
- Olive oil
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp ap flour
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Place the chicken breast on a chopping board, using a small sharp knife slide the knife in at the fat end of the breast blade away from you, it helps to put your hand ontop of the breast to keep it steady and the knife in the middle of the meat. move the knife to make a pocket inside the breast.
- Mix the cheese, chorizo, basil, salt pepper and a little olive oil in a bowl.
- Stuff the breasts with the mixture, when both are full use a cocktail stick to close the opening.
- In a blender whizz up the bread, parsley, salt and pepper. On 3 plates put flour on one, beaten egg on the next and the breadcrumb mix on the last
- Carefully roll your chicken breast in the flour knocking off any excess then cover in the egg, finally pack on the breadcrumb, Place the breasts on an oiled baking tray and cook for 35 to 40 mins at 180c gas mark 4. The cooking time really depends on the size of the breast and the amount of stuffing you have manage to get in ! i always cut in just to check.
- We always have a big salad with this which goes really well. Hope you like it.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…