Guilt Free Fresh Pesto
Member recipe by honestcooksroom
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Batch
- 1 zucchini/courgette
- 1 large handful of basil leaves (about 20g)
- 1 large handful of parsley (about 20g)
- 6 dried prunes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 50 grams raw almonds
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- squeezed lemon to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pealed and chop zucchini in a small chunk
- Combine the chopped zucchini, fresh herbs, dried prunes, almonds, lemon zest and garlic in a food processor and process the mixture until it turns into a coarse meal.
- Add soy sauce and process it until the right consistency for you.
- Season with squeezed lemon and black pepper to taste
- Cover and store in an airtight container in the fridge for at least an hour to saturate the flavors.
- Refrigerated in an airtight container for storage.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…