Member recipe by suicidebunnies
A great muffin recipe. It beats having the same old mini pizza's at social events. Tested & a proven success at Kids parties, family occasions & my personnel favorite, DVD night in with friends.
- For the muffin mix:
- Dry Ingredients:
- 300g Flour
- 1tbsp Baking Powder (if big muffin tops are preferred add 1/2tbsp more)
- 1tsp Salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- 2 Eggs
- 100ml Vegetable Oil
- 200ml Milk
- Pizza Ingredients:
- 2tsp Dried Oregano
- 1tsp Black Pepper
- 2tbsp Fresh Basil
- 200g Pizza Topping (sold at most supermarkets)
- 150g Cheese (Grated)
- For the topping:
- Pizza Topping
- 12 Thin Tomato Slices
- 12 Small Cubes of Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220C/Fan200C/Gas 6.
- Mix all Dry Ingredients togeather in a big bowl: Flour, Baking Powder & Salt.
- Mix all Wet Ingredients togeather in bowl/jug (I prefer using a jug, as easier for pouring later on): Veg Oil, Milk & Eggs
- In a separate bowl mix all Pizza ingredients: Pizza Topping, Grated Cheese, Dried Oregano, Black Pepper & Fresh Basil.
- Then roughly mix the Wet & Pizza Ingredients in with the Dry Ingredients. Do not over mix the Ingredients. Muffin mix is suppose to be lumpy & goopy & it should fall off the spoon in globs.
- Once mixed spoon into muffin cases, fill fairly high up the cases but do make sure you have enough Muffin Mix for 12. Bake for 20mins on top shelf.
- Remove from oven after 20mins & start placing the toppings on. Spread some Pizza topping on the muffin, then place a slice of tomato on top & finish with a small cube of cheese. Repeat for all 12 muffins & return to the oven for 5 mins/until cheese has melted.
- Once cooked, leave in tray for 5mins to cool then transfer to a cooling rack for 10/15mins. I prefer to serve mine while still warm but can be served at room temp.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…