Linda's Smoked Haddock Tart
Member recipe by tarilang
- 450g/1lb rich shortcrust pastry
- 200g/7oz baby leeks, thinly sliced
- 25g/1oz butter
- 400g/14 oz smoked haddock
- pinch saffron strands
- 5 egg yolks
- 350g/12 fl oz double cream
- 110g/4oz Gruyere cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C, gas mark 4. Grease a 27cm/10.5 in loose bottomed fluted tart tin. Roll out pastry and line the tin, leaving he pastry overhanging. Chill for 20 mins. Put on baking sheet, cover with foil and fill with baking beans and bake for 15 mins, then remove beans and bake for 5 mins. Trim excess pastry with a knife. Reduce oven to 160 deg/gas mark 2.5. Cook the leeks in the butter, you don't want them to colour.
- Put the haddock into a large saute pan, cover with water, add the saffron, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins. Remove the fish and leave to cool. Break into chunky flakes, discarding the skin and bones. Whisk together the yolks and cream with half the Gruyere. Place on baking sheet and bake for 30 mins. Leave to cool slightly then serve
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…