Cherry and Almond Cake
Member recipe by voice1
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Cake
- 175 grams butter
- 175 grams caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond essence
- 3 eggs - beaten
- 75 grams flaked almonds
- 1 lemon - grated rind
- 100 grams plain flour
- 100 grams self raising flour
- 200 grams Opies cocktail cherries - well drained and cut in half
- TO DECORATE:
- Icing sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 160C/ 325F/ Gas 3.
- Line a 20cm deep cake tin with greased non-stick baking paper.
- Place the cherry halves in a small bowl and coat with 1tbs of the flour. Put to one side.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and cream together.
- Add the almond essence and then gradually add the eggs, beating well in between each addition.
- Stir in 60g of flaked almonds and the lemon rind.
- Fold in both flours and then gently fold in the cherries.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface.
- Sprinkle the remaining almonds over the surface and then bake for approximately 1 hour 10 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…