Member recipe by elessario
- 500g baking potatoes, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 500g chicken (breast or thigh)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 100 ml red wine
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Dice the potatoes into smallish chunks and slice the carrots fairly thinly. Chop the onion quite finely, slice the mushrooms into largish pieces.
- Divide the chicken into medium sized pieces (divide chicken thighs into 4) and remove any excess fat. Brown the chicken in a large sautee pan, then remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Fry the onions and mushrooms in the chicken fat left in the pan. Add the potatoes and mushrooms and stir through. Then add all the other ingredients, finishing with the chicken.
- Simmer for 40-50 minutes until the potatoes and carrots are cooked. Remove the sautee pan lid for the last 20 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce a little.
- Serve with green vegetables.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…