Fruity Fruit Tea Teabread
Member recipe by cakeadoodledo
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Loave
- 300mls strong fruit tea (cranberry and sanguinello orange favourite at the moment)
- 100g raisins
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- 100g dried figs, chopped
- 1 large, free range egg
- 75g wholemeal plain flour
- 75g plain flour
- 50g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1. Put the strong tea and the dried fruit in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Gently simmer for 30 minutes, not letting all the tea evaporate completely. Leave to cool for ten minutes or so.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 170C and grease and line a 1 litre loaf tin. Tip the fruit and tea into a big bowl and simply add all the other ingredients. Mix really well so that everything is incorporated and tip the mixture into the loaf tin and level the surface. Bake for about an hour or until it is firm to the touch and a skewer comes out cleanly.
- 3. Cool on a wire rack before cutting into thick slices and eating with your eyes shut (itÃ¢ÂÂs that sort of teabread).
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…