Rich Chocolate Mud Cake
Member recipe by sweetunique
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Cake
- * 180g butter (preferably continental unsalted butter, but regular salted butter works fine)
- * 180g sugar (90% castor sugar, 10% dark brown sugar)
- * 4 eggs
- * 240g milk chocolate melts (or equiv. cooking chocolate)
- * dash of cream
- * 1 Tablespoon of Kahlua
- * 1/4 cup of plain flour
- * 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- * 125g milk chocolate melts
- * 2 Tablespoons of cream
- * additional cream if needed
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees C (for fan forced ovens) or 180 degrees C for standard ovens.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in well with a whisk. Melt the chocolate and kahlua together and add the cream to make it smooth. Pour the smooth chocolate mix into the butter and eggs and whisk well. Add the remaining ingredients, mixing until smooth.
- Pour the mix into a lined spring form pan (6cm deep by about 20cm diameter) and bake for approx. 50 mins (or until skewer comes out clean).
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 mins before extracting and cooling fully on a rack. The centre of the cake will likely sink slightly, this is perfectly acceptable.
- Ice with ganache and refrigerate.
- Melt the chocolate melts with a little cream, then mix in the remaining cream. If itâs not completely smooth, add a little more cream. Pour over the cake, smoothing with a knife.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…