Chocolate and biscuit cake
Member recipe by paula82
This is a fridge style cake, so called because the ingredients are chilled not baked. Perfect for the kids to make and snack on after school and it's easy to.
- 300g/10oz Cadburys Bournville chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 2 tbs Milk
- 125g/4oz Unsalted butter (melted)
- 125g/4oz Digestive biscuits
- 2 standard parks of white chocolate buttons
- 2 standard packs of Cadburys chocolate buttons
- Grease and linean 18co/7inch round cake tin. Melt the plain chocolate with milk, then stir in the butter. Leave until the mix is cool, but not beginning to solidify.
- Break the digestive biscuit into small pieces and mix with the white and milk chocolate buttons.
- Stir the biscuit and button mixture into the chocolate and butter, then turn into the prepared tin and pack down gently. Chill for at least 3 hours until firm.
- Remove the cake from the tin, peel away the paper. Serve sliced into wedges.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…