Chicken and Chorizo Risotto
Member recipe by amlawren
Although this isn't made with risotto rice, the richness of the chorizo and the addition of butter and Parmesan cheese make this a nice rich meal, and more similar to risotto than a normal rice dish. Always a favourite with our family!
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Chorizo, chopped
- 1 Red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 Yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 2 Chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 3 Cups of Basmati rice / enough for 4 people
- 1 and quarter pints vegetable or chicken stock
- Glug of white wine (optional)
- Tin of sweetcorn
- Handful of frozen peas
- Generous shaving of Parmesan cheese
- Knob of butter
- Fry the onion in a large pan until soft. In a separate frying pan, fry the peppers until brown around the edges and soft. Put peppers aside.
- In the pepper pan, fry the chicken pieces on a high heat until golden brown and cooked through. Place aside and keep warm
- Add rice to onion. Fry for 2 minutes. Add wine if using and stir till evaporated. Gradually add the stock, ladle by ladle.
- Once all liquid has been absorbed and rice is soft enough, add Chorizo, cooked chicken, peppers and the sweetcorn and frozen peas. Stir for a further 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Allow the chorizo juices to seep into the rice. Add the Parmesan and knob of butter. Stir through and season to taste. Serve immediately, with crusty bread and alioli.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…