Raspberry yogurt cake
Member recipe by mazzyb
- 175ml raspberry yogurt
- 125g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 275g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- FOR FILLING AND DECOR
- handful whole raspberries
- icing sugar
- 150ml double cream
- 75g halved raspberries
- Preheat the oven to gas mark5/180C. Line and grease a large round baking tin.
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a bowl until creamy, then mix in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in the yogurt and vanilla.
- Fold in the flour.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 40-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While leaving to cool, whip the cream and fold in the halved raspberries once, so there's a marbled effect.
- Cut the cake in half when completely cool, and pour the filling, then sandwich together, carefully.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar and top with a few raspberries.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…