Coffee & walnut cake
Member recipe by littlecooks
Described by friends as the best coffee & walnut cake they have tasted!
- 200g self raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 250g butter
- 250g sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200g walnuts
- 4 tablespoon granulated coffee
- 100ml boiling water
- 400g mascarpone
- 100g icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- Butter and line a 8inch cake tin with a loose bottom.
- Pre heat oven to 170C, 150C (fan), gas mark 5.
- Dissolve coffee in boiling water.
- Beat butter and sugar together, add eggs, flour and baking powder. Add coffee and water mixture and mix well together. Stir in walnuts and place mixture into
- Place in oven and bake at 150 C (fan), 170C, gas mark 5 for 40 minutes.
- Turn cake out when baked on to cooling rack. When cool slice in half.
- Mix together mascarpone, icing sugar and vanilla paste until smooth.
- Spread half of the mixture on to the bottom half of the cake, place the top half of the cake on top of the bottom and spread the rest of the mixture on to the top of the cake.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…