Artichoke & Tomato Bruschetta
Member recipe by cannedfood
This delicious recipe from Canned Food UK is nutritious, convenient and affordable. What's more, it forms part of your 5-A-DAY! For more scrummy recipes visit www.cannedfood.co.uk
- 410g can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 410g can borlotti beans, drained
- 1 small ciabatta
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a deep sided frying pan or wok, add the onion and fry until golden.
- Add the borlotti beans, heat through and roughly mash.
- Cut the ciabatta into eight thick slices.
- Preheat a ridged griddle pan or BBQ. Toast the ciabatta until scorch lines appear, turn over and toast the second side.
- Rub the toasted ciabatta with garlic, drizzle with remaining olive oil, arrange on a serving dish.
- Top each ciabatta with the mashed borlotti beans, artichokes and diced tomato.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…