Member recipe by imcalledash
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Breads
- 500 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250 ml milk
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 200 ml water
- 1 egg
- 25 g butter, melted
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 5 tbsp clarified butter, for frying
- Mix flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the milk, yoghurt, water, egg, butter and sugar one at a time and stir until the mixture becomes a smooth dough. Tip dough onto a floured board and need in the almonds and sultanas.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls and place on a floured baking. Press the balls into flat shapes roughly 1cm thick. Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat with a tablespoon of clarified butter (you may add more as needed). Cook naans, one at a time, for 1 minute on each side, until golden and puffy.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…