Sticky Summer Chicken Thighs
Member recipe by lalahallas
My adaptation of Nigel Slaters honey chicken thighs. Perfect served with corn on the cob and a salad, or with rice.
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp of clear runny honey
- 1 dollop of wholegrain mustard to your taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 10 boneless chicken thighs, skin on or off
- sea salt, to taste
- Crush the sea salt, peppercorns and garlic.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemons and sieve it in to a large bowl. Add the honey, Worcestershire sauce and the mustard and mix thoroughly. Add the crushed salt, garlic and peppercorns and mix again.
- Place the chicken in to a roasting dish, ensuring they are not over lapping. Pour the marinade over the chicken and rub in. Leave in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Daub a thin glazing of honey over the thighs and place in a preheated oven at 200C (fan, a little higher for a conventional oven) and cook for 45 minutes, turning half way through.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…