Member recipe by munatycooking
- 1 cup all purpose flour + 1 tbsp to coat the blueberries
- 3 tbsp chilled butter
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar + extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk + some for brushing
- 3 drops vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a bowl, sift flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Add vanilla and butter, mix with 2 forks or a pastry cutter until it starts to look like breadcrumbs. My trick is to stab the flour and butter with my whisk, this works nicely too.
- Add the evaporated milk and fold gently. The dough will be very sticky, don't worry, that's how it should be.
- Coat blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour, this will stop the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the scones. Add blueberries to dough and fold gently. Do not over mix.
- Sprinkle flour on the baking sheet then transfer the dough to it. Dust your hands with flour and shape the dough to 3/4 inch high disk.
- Flour a knife and cut the dough in 4 slices, brush with evaporated milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15 â 20 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool on cooling rack.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…