Tropical brown sugar pavlova
Member recipe by bottlegreen
Laden with tropical fruits, oozing with lime and coconut cream, this spectacular dessert is perfect for summer parties.
- 5 egg whites
- 275g light brown muscovado sugar
- 300ml double cream
- 8 tbsps bottlegreen lime and coconut cordial
- Selection of tropical fruits, such as mango, papaya, passion fruit and kiwi
- Pre-heat oven to 140c, gas mark 1. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff, gradually add the sugar, continue to whisk until incorporated and very stiff.
- Pile the meringue into the centre of the lined baking tray, spread to approx. 25cm, swirling the meringue into peaks, make a dip in the centre with the back of a spoon.
- Cook in the oven for approx. 1hr 20mins, it will be firm to the touch, reduce the heat a little if the meringue begins to brown too much. Turn the oven off and allow to cool in the oven.
- Place 6 tbsps of the Bottlegreen lime and coconut cordial into a small saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer until it has reduced a little and is syrupy, cool.
- Whisk the cream and the remaining cordial until standing in soft peaks. Prepare the fruits, spoon the cream into the centre of the pavlova, arrange the fruits on top, drizzle over the cooled syrup and serve cut into slices.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…